If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Nice Lazy Sunday


It's been a very busy week. We have hosted nearly 40 kids this week in morning and afternoon art classes at The Center--our annual Summer Art Odyssey. I realize each year how much older I'm getting. I'm totally bushed by the end of the week, yet I really enjoy sharing creativity with the kids and learning new things from each new teacher.


Then over the weekend we had company--my brother, his wife, and their grandson came down to wish my mother a Happy 81st Birthday! We went out for dinner Friday evening, then off to Galveston, a ferry ride, and lunch, then back to town for our weekly grocery shopping.


I was in bed by 8:30 last night, and slept in until almost 7 (that's LATE for me) this morning. And, I skipped church. Sometimes you just have to "be".


And I've spent the better part of the afternoon creating 3 new SoulCollage® cards. I wanted to create some art, but I needed something that didn't require much juice--I'm running low! So, here's one I came up with:

A community card, Seena Frost, the Founder of SoulCollage®. If she were sitting here today, I think she would tell me:
"I am the one who taught you this beautiful gift of SoulCollage®. And if you're tired, this is the place to come. Look for images. Cut them out. And trust the process. And rest while you're working. Relax. No trouble. No bother. Yet, still creative."


No comments:

Post a Comment