If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sabbatical 2010, Night 1, Sedona TX



Mother and I left home this morning about 8 and drove (with Tom meowing in our ear) to Columbus, where I passed Mother and Tom off to Sandy. She will continue on to Leander and spend a couple of weeks there with my brother Marshall and his wife Sandy.

Then I continued my drive to Sedona. It was a wonderful drive--I forget how absolutely beautiful the hill country is, even on the Interstate.

There's a couple of things I want to do every day--one is post an update and a quote; the other is sketch or draw something along the way. So, that's the reason for my rough drawing--suitcase and shoes at rest. Me, too. I have a feeling it will be an early night. But before I sign off, I want to log in my quote for the day. I'm nearly finished with Cynthia Bourgeault's The Wisdom Jesus. It has been a delicious book. This morning I read this wondeful quote from Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet:

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightes us is, in the deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

So, I'm off for the night. I'll check in again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you will be checking in daily!! I'm traveling with you, in spirit.

    Onward!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete