If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Saturday, January 22, 2011

Synchronicity At Work...


I'm considering submitting some poetry for publication, so I revisited this poem, written last September. Seems this was a synchronistic moment:

Following the Star

Do you see it?

There,

Right there,

High in the sky…
there it is!

The Star!

I’ve never seen anything quite like it.
So bright,
so beautiful,
so compelling…

I find myself longing to follow that Star.

What?
You say I’m crazy?

Maybe…may be
But,
but what if,
what if following that Star just might lead me home?

What if following that star
just might lead me to the place of peace I long for?

My heart and mind are filled with desperate “what ifs”
that make staying here, in this place,
next to impossible.

So, here I am
like a crazy fool
packing my bags
loading this camel
and heading out over this desert,
into this broad expanse of wasteland.

I have to go
I’m compelled to follow

The Star calls me home.

September 18, 2010

I even posted it here on my blog back in September, along with a picture of the same SoulCollage® card that I did also in September. In retrospect, that star seems to have been pointing toward Pine, Arizona and my time spent at Spirit Falls on Sabbatical. I simply love how Life unfolds, always toward the next thing. Generosity at its finest. This synchronistic moment this morning gives me reason to once again give thanks to the Divine Unfolding.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when all the pieces come together. Or at least part of the puzzle of life.
    Nancy Y

    ReplyDelete