If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Monday, January 23, 2012

Using the Bling Bling Paper Towel





My 3rd Act Circle women are making our own art journals to work in this time around, and I think I bit off a little more than I can chew. I decided to make a hard cover photo album, and its a little more complicated that I thought it would be. But that's the way I learn.

Remember all that beautiful dyed and stamped paper towel? That's what I'm using to make the cover. So, I've got my hard cover cut from the back of an old drawing tablet, and I use mat medium to glue the paper towel to the cover, rolling it down tight with a brayer. Don't worry about wrinkles--we know wrinkles add character.



Scissors to trip the paper after it's glued down on the front side, gel medium, brush to spread the medium, and brayer to smooth and flatten...but to really flatten after gluing the paper all down, put the cover between two pieces of wax paper under a big book to dry.




See, there really is a good reason to keep big books around.




Now, all I have to do is drill holes, fill with watercolor paper and fasten together. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment