If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ripple...

My middle son and I were discussing my newest painting, and he gave me these words to the Grateful Dead's Ripple:

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.

I can only use my key to get into the Garden, and I can only walk the road laid out before me. Someone else's key won't work, and someone else's road won't lead me to the Center. Thanks Barton. I love the words to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment