If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Eye of God



I created this mandala Thursday morning, then received a wonderful "new" book in the mail Thursday afternoon...SYNCHRONICITY!

I did a mandal "demo" for the Brazosport Art League a couple of weeks back. After the demo, a fellow artist recommended that I buy a copy of A Beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe, which, of course, I promptly ordered.

I got the book Thursday afternoon, and began reading Thursday evening, AFTER I created "The Eye of God" Thursday morning. And it's only in reviewing my notes this morning for my mandala workshop, that I realize the synchronicity..."God-talk".

I have hated using a compass since my geometry days in high school, but I've fallen "in love" with the compass after only a few pages of this book. The compass was called "the eye of God" by the ancients, and it was symbolic of the creation of the universe (the circle). The two legs of the compass symbolized the opening of God's eye to allow the light to flow out into the darkness. The still "point" of the compass symbolized the "still point/center" of the universe, or the Self. The compass itself standing straight up on it's legs, represented the axis of the world, the high mountain of God, the Holy Center...

When I looked at this drawing this morning, I saw all that there. What I love about "truth" is that it is experienced in the cells of our bodies. You can teach me rote facts, but truth must be revealed. All that to say: I can't wait for our day at the Center (I think that, too, must be prophetic!).

I love circles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment