If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Grandmothers


Remember the black canvas with a history (see post below). This is what's happening. I'm having so much fun honoring my grandmothers and my mother--but meantime, other things are happening, too.

This canvas has a huge history--LOTS of energy! My brother rescued it from a burned out studio in Austin (he's in renovation construction, redoing burned out homes and buildings). There was a fire in a group of art studio several years ago, and he got this canvas and a couple of others for me. This one in particular has a story, has suffered death, and is now being reborn--I really DO believe in resurrection. I love the whole history of this thing, and I love watching to see what comes up. Too much personal stuff to share here, but every time I work on this piece of art, something happens--prayer.

This morning, I'll show you the whole thing, which is in process. Tomorrow I'll show you a little piece of it, and share the story.

For today, suffice to say, the labyrinth has a story of it's on. Maybe later I'll have time to share some of it, but for now, I'm off to TAEHS and my last art afternoon with my grandkids! Life is so short, and there's so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment