If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Saturday, March 27, 2010


This started out as just a "paint over", but I decided to sit with "She's Been Here" for a while and let her talk to me. What an experience! I painted the "self portrait" almost a year ago, to the date--didn't realize that until I sat to write. It was during a very hard personal time for time--a time of disappointment and "death" (death of a family, a dream, an idea). It was good therapy painting it, and today was good therapy letting it go--painting "rich black soil" over the seeds and now waiting for something new to come. I feel clean, freshly scrubbed, and very rich. Something new is coming forth. For all of us involved in the 'before' picture. I feel it. I know it. I can hear Spirit saying, "Behold, I make all things new!"

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS self-portrait..it is full of disappointment and yet, there is a sense that you know peace will come.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete