If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 12 The ABC's of Advent, Letter L


So, I've found IT! My goal this Advent Season was to search for Light, and here we have it on this 12th day of December.

I'm a symbol person--can't help it, I see them everywhere. I think it's a Gift, and I trust the symbols to give me more of the Story.

So, looking for one Scripture, I found another: "Arise, shine, for your Light has come." Aha! THAT'S the one I want to use...then I saw the "60" right next to it, and it was as if Divine Love said, "This one's for YOU, Sheila". For many years, I was given a verse for the next year--one that I knew intuitively was "my verse" for the year--Love's promise to me. Haven't had that happen for a while, but this is my verse for 2010, for my 60th year walking in this world. My Light has come, and I receive that for my promise. I will carry it into the New Year, believing it with all my heart.

My Light Has Come...and I hear a voice inside me, "SHINE Beloved, SHINE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment