If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Thursday, December 31, 2009

Joy Comes In The Morning


I started working on this mandala a couple of weeks ago, then put it aside. I found it and began working on it again this week. I thought it significant that I finish it here on the last day of 2009.

This has been a particularly hard year for some people I know. Yet, it seems to be ending on an "up" for some of us. Myself, I've had a long season of "night" for a while now, especially spiritually, but the night seems to have given way to the dawn, and my way seems clearer again. And for others who I love, the season of struggle seems to have subsided, and there seems to be a "newness" in the air.

There is a beautiful verse in Psalm 30 that tells us weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Perhaps the season of weeping has passed for now. And joy is just peeking over the horizon, with the dawn.

There's another verse that I particularly love: Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

So, with this mandala, my last painting of 2009, I believe in the new thing. I believe joy is coming for those who have been weeping. I believe a way is being made. All things are being made new, fresh, green, alive.

I'm ready--I'm ready for myself, and I'm ready for my loved ones. And I'm ready for you, too. 2010 will be here in just a few hours. This will be our joy year. I feel it.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment