If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 13 The ABC's of Advent, Letter M


M is for Mother. It couldn't be for anything else.
It has been so interesting for me to enter this phase of my spirituality with my mother. The idea of the feminine face of God, of Mother God, was absolutely absurd to me in 2002. Then Mother came to live with us in 2003. And I discovered "Her" face in 2005. It's been quite a journey to Her.
And when I found Her, I didn't have a clue what to do with Father God, or with Jesus. But I've come "home" to the Whole, and I've discovered "Safe Am I", right here in the arms of Mother God. After all, Jesus introduced me to Her.
I began painting again with mandalas and colored pencils Christmas of 2003. I didn't realize then, that the introduction was taking place. It took another 5 years for me to allow the shift.
Today She's in most all of my paintings, and I've come to love Her dearly--just as I've come to know and love my own mother. She and Mother have a lot in common; both have been hidden from view for a very long time. Both were given to me as gift in my 50's. I can't help but fall deeper and deeper in love with the feminine face of God, as Mother and I grow deeper and deeper in our relationship. I see Her every day, in Mother's face.
This page is dedicated to them both. I love you, and I'm glad I've found you, treasure that you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment