If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 5 The ABC's of Advent, Letter E

Ok, so this is a little bit of a downturn...it's time to put up the Christmas tree--while I may long to celebrate Advent and it's quiet waiting, I'm snapped back to the reality of living in this world. Jim's gone for the tree--now I have to scrounge into the little space under the stairs and pull out the dusty boxes. It feels to me like reaching back into the past and bringing out all the old memories and trying to live there again.

In her book Walking in This World, Julia Cameron talks about "'growing up in the fun house,' where our soul's aspirations are mirrored back to us in a distorted and distorting fashion".

That's how I feel right now--walking that fine line, called the Edge, between what I long for and what is...

This is where I long for the Light...

No comments:

Post a Comment