If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 26 The ABC's of Advent, Letter Z


Day 26 - Z - zygogenesis

I can't believe I've finished this little project, except I believe in "zygogenesis"! I discovered this word a few weeks back when I was writing an alphabetic poem. Zygogenesis is the fusing of opposites. I like to take the word apart so that I can get a better picture:

Zygo - to yoke or pair

Genesis - to be born, the way in which something comes to be; to originate, create, or evolve into new form.

And so, this creative process we're in is a partnership. It's funny...I planned to use the work YOKE or YOGA for yesterday's Y word, but YEAST spoke to me more. I had forgotten that zygo means "to yoke"--the beauty of synchronicity!

Zygo - Take my yoke upon you, for my burden is easy and my yoke is light.

And yoga means "to yoke", to bring together the opposites: mind/body; soul, spirit. Christ/me; heaven/earth.

Relationship with Christ is all about partnership. And out of that partnership, comes New Life--always! Guaranteed. Experience tells me over and over. And this Advent Season has been no different.

I end this art journal remembering how it all started. A kyrios moment, hearing the angel speak: "This isn't the Christmas season; it's the season of Advent, when we look for light", knowing in my heart that word was for me, my seemingly life-long struggle to enter into Christmas, and this little journal.

There is a principle in life--you find what you look for. Seek it; you will find it. Jesus didn't just make us a promise when he spoke those words. He was speaking a life principle. Whatever you're looking for in life, you'll find it. Look for darkness, evil, misery, or pain. You'll find it. Look for joy, for new life, for promise, for light. You'll find it. Reaffirmed when Paul exhorted us to "Think on things that are beautiful and good." Whatever I think on, IS.

Partnership. We DO create our reality. And when we yoke together with the Christ Spirit looking for light, we will find Light. It will come.

And I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

    JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK

    ReplyDelete