If a woman does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drummer.
Let her step to the music which she hears, however measured or far away.

Thoreau (with a Conner twist)

All posts (including images and poetry) on this website are copyrighted by Sheila Conner.
Please do not use without permission.
Thank you.






Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 22 The ABC's of Advent, Letter V

VOID...unoccupied, vacant, devoid or destitute, having no effect or result, ineffective, capable of being nullified, total absence of something normally present, to empty the contents of...

Except that quantum theory is now finding that NOTHING is every "void". What appears to be "void" is full of generative energy, and the moment there appears to be "nothing", "something" pops into being. Isn't that just the coolest!

A number of years ago, Love took me through a process of "subtraction", which I now know as the Via Negativa, and one day I heard Love whisper, "Beloved, I only empty in order to make full."

Then, as I was beginning to lose my image of God, I attended a What the Bleep workshop at the Cenacle, and learned about the Every-Generating Void. That became my new image of God--until I lost it, too.

I've recently learned that, in Eastern religious art, the white lotus represents the pure soul. Not that we ever get there, but that's what Love is aiming for as we go through this Dark Night, this Great Void. There is a reason. There is a goal. For the Void is never really Void--for the Generative Life Force walks among us.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment